This is to inform all the candidates seeking admission into the various universities/polytechnics/colleges/other tertiary institutions in Nigeria that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal where UTME and Direct Entry candidates can accept/reject their admission offer and also monitor their admission.
Students may like to know the following
What is JAMB CAPS?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is a platform created to ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points
How to Accept or Reject Program / Course Transfer on 2021JAMB CAPS.
- Go to JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then login.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
4.Select you examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
5.Click ‘Transfer Approval
6. Finally, click ‘Accept‘ or ‘Reject‘ button to accept/reject the course transfer
If you have been offered admission the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be active (clickable) as highlighted in Red below.
If you have NOT been offered admission yet the Accepted Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be inactive (not clickable and greyed out)
Admission Status details (highlighted in blue) may differ.
If not yet offered admission, please keep checking.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once a candidate has been offered admission on JAMB CAPS, such candidate is required to do either of two things; to accept the admission or to reject it.
Schools have already started uploading their Admission Lists on JAMB Portal. We therefore advise candidates to closely monitor their admission status on JAMB CAPS so as to do the needful as soon as possible.
Some schools may not publish list of admitted candidates on their own portal or notice board. So for candidates that applied for admission in such schools, the only way to know when they have been offered admission is to check their admission status on JAMB CAPS.
- Visit: http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- After Successful login, locate the “Admission Tab” on the left hand side on the page, Click on it to reveal the drop down menu which contains the “Check Admission Status Button”
- Click on the Check Admission Status Button under the Admission Tab button.
- Select your Examination Year from the Drop-Down and provide your JAMB Registration Number in the column required
- Click on the “Check Admission Status Button” and wait for your admission status to be displayed.
- If you have been admitted you will get a response with your Photo Image being displayed and a text Congratulating you on your admission offer, But if you are not offered any admission yet you will get a text response with “Sorry No Admission has been Given Yet”
- If you have been offered admission, you can proceed to ACCEPT OR REJECT ADMISSION
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to ensure that they indicate the acceptance or rejection of admission online and timely to enable the processing of their admission.
It is important to note also that candidates who have been offered admission are to print their admission letter after accepting the admission, as they will likely need this during clearance and registration in the school that they have been admitted.
NOTE : If you are using a phone, you may not see the option to check Admission Status on CAPS, Most phone users may only see the welcome message.
You are to use the desktop mode to view the complete page. This is why the chrome browser is recommended if you are using a phone. All you need to do is go to Chrome option and choose request desktop site for the complete page to display.