LASU Post-UTME & DE Screening Form: This is to inform the general public that Lagos State University (LASU) Post-UTME / Direct Entry (DE) Admission Screening Form, Courses, Requirements, Grading Points, Application Guidelines, Deadline for 2021/2022 Academic Session is out online!
AfriEdu Team–Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2021/2022 Admission Screening Exercise, for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 Level) and Direct Entry (200 Level). This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory requirement for entry into Lagos State University.
NOTE: All Candidates of Lagos State Origin who chose Lagos State University as First Choice in the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and scored a minimum of 190 are hereby informed that the registration for Indigeneship Verification Exercise for the 2021/2022 Admission Exercise has commenced and it is mandatory for all eligible Lagos State Indigenes.
- Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, Candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2021.
- ALL Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2021/2022 Academic Session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2021 Academic Session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 Levels who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
Therefore, Candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
|1.||ARTS||– Arabic Language – Christian Studies – English Language- French Language- History & International Studies – Islamic Studies – Music – Peace Studies- Philosophy- Portuguese / English- Theatre Arts- Yoruba|
|2.||EDUCATION||– Arabic Education – Biology Education – Business Education- Chemistry Education – Christian Religious Studies Education – Computer Science Education- Early Childhood Education- Economics Education- Educational Management- Educational Technology- English Education – French Education- Geography Education- Guidance & Counselling- Health Education- History Education – Islamic Studies Education – Mathematics Education – Physical & Health Education- Physics Education – Political Science Education- Yoruba Education|
|3||LAW||– Common/Civil Law- Islamic Law|
|4.||SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE||– Agriculture|
|5.||MANAGEMENT SCIENCES||– Accounting- Banking & Finance- Business Administration- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management- Insurance- Local Government Development & Administration- Management Technology- Marketing- Public Administration|
|6.||SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION||– Mass Communication|
|7.||SCIENCE||– Biochemistry- Botany- Chemistry- Computer Science- Fisheries & Aquatic Biology- Mathematics- Microbiology- Physics- Zoology|
|8.||COLLEGE OF MEDICINE||– Dentistry- Medicine & Surgery- Nursing – Pharmacology- Physiology|
|9.||SOCIAL SCIENCES||– Economics- Geography & Planning- Political Science- Psychology- Sociology|
|10.||SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT||– Transport|
|11.||ENGINEERING||– Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering- Chemical & Polymer Engineering- Electronics & Computer Engineering- Mechanical Engineering|
ONLINE SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course.
The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2021/2022 JAMB Brochure available online.
Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
The Point grading system is as follows:
LASU O’LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
|OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS|
|TOTAL OBTAINABLE||50 %|
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last from Monday,13th December, to Friday, 7th January, 2022 (12:00 midnight). All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to [email protected]
No member of staff of LASU or any other Third Party is authorized to collect ANY PAYMENT on behalf of LASU. Applicants who ignore this warning do so at their own RISK and LASU will not be liable under any guise. YOU ARE WARNED.
SEE ALSO: LASU School Fees Schedule.
Method of Application
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
- Prospective Candidates will visit www.lasu.edu.ng
- Point to Student, then click on New Applicants.
- Click on UTME/DE Screening (screening.lasu.edu.ng)
- Kindly Enter your
- ==> UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER,
- ==> SURNAME, then Click on PROCEED
- On the new page, enter your
- ==> GSM NUMBER,
- ==> PARENT GSM NUMBER,
- ==> EMAIL ADDREESS
- ==> CLICK ON SUBMIT
- On the new page, click on
- ==> Make Payment for LASU Post UTME Screening
- ==> Select Regular student Or Regular student with Entrepreneurship TAB.
- ==> Candidate’s Name and the Sum of N2,000 Will Be Displayed.
- ==> Click on Make Payment to effect the Payment (On Either REMITA Platform Or PAYSTACK Platform).
- Once the payment is SUCCESSFUL, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and click on log in to view your SCREENING PIN (PIN 1, PIN 2, PIN 3 etc., depending on the payment platform)
- Once you have the registration PIN, proceed to lidc.lasu.edu.ng.
- Click on ADMISSION SCREENING
- Click on UTME CANDIDATE LOGIN
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, and your SURNAME, then click on MAKE PAYMENT.
- Click “Make Payment (Admission Screening)” button.
- On the Payment Page
- Supply Jamb Registration Number
- Select “Admission Screening Fee [ ICT Management Inclusive]” as Description
- Select “Ojo” as Campus
- Select “Student” As Category
- After Successful Payment; return to your dashboard.
- Then click “Start Admission Screening” button.
- At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Then, select either REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING OR REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENEURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING from “Type of Screening”, then enter/purchase the LASU POST UTME SCREENING PIN to continue with the filling of the Self-Screening form.
- Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that all Screened Candidate must log in into their Admission Screening Portal to Print their Final Self-Screening Report.
- Candidate can repeat the above procedure if there is a need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate will be required to visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and make payment for PIN 2, PIN 3, PIN 4 etc. The subsequent PINs other than PIN 1 can be used for data correction.
B. ONLINE SCREENING / REGISTRATION FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- ==> After successful payment for LASU 2021/2022 Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and click the LOGIN button to print your SCREENING PIN.
- ==> Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening, enter your SCREENING PIN obtained in Step I to continue.
- ==> Carefully fill in your personal details as required
- ==> Save and proceed
- ==> Carefully enter your UTME details
- ==> Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)
- ==> Save and proceed
- ==> Select number of O’ level sitting(s)
- ==> Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)
- ==> Save and proceed
- ==> Input required O’ Level details
- ==> Save and proceed
* Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY 1 sitting.
* Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sitting of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one other Science subject and any other subject.
* Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
* Credit pass in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
* Candidates must ENSURE they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise
* Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, as their claim will be automatically validated before they can proceed with the Online Screening. Note that any examination taken after July 2021 is not acceptable.
- ==> Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
- ==> CHECK THE “I CERTIFY” BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
- ==> By ticking the “I Certify” button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms, you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
- ==> Click the continue button
- ==> After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
- ==> Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for Twenty-six  days, from Monday,13th December, to Friday, 7th January, 2022 (12:00 midnight).
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to [email protected]