Business Development Manager Recruitment at UPDC Plc: This is to inform the general public that UPDC Plc offers Job in the area of Sales / Business Development. See, application deadline,work level,job specialization,job location,job type and method of application below!
JOB SUMMARY BELOW
- Company: UPDC Plc
- Deadline Date: 21st July, 2022
- Specialization: Sales / Business Development
- Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Experience: 5-7 years
- Location(s): Lagos
UPDC Facility Management Limited is a leading facilities management company in Nigeria. We provide top-level management, maintenance, care, and sustainable power solutions for residential, corporate, and commercial properties. For the last 20 years, we have delivered seamless facilities management services to UPDC developed and third-party developed properties. We currently provide excellent services to 29+ residential estates and commercial assets. It is our firm belief that our role in the real estate development and facilities management process is unquestionable.
We approach every facility management plan with the customer as our utmost priority, to create suitably priced, functional, and efficient living and working environments. We are committed to managing our short to long-term environmental responsibilities, towards the communities in which we operate and future generations.
In providing facility management services for multi-unit residences, retail or commercial assets, UPDC’s expert managers and partners are able to deliver the required facility management needs of its occupants and property owners, by providing consulting, alternative power solutions, cleaning, security, technical assistance, repairs, waste removal, regular inspection and reporting.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The BDM is involved in both strategic planning & day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises.
Key areas of responsibility include soft & hard services:
- Procurement and contract management
- Maintenance & operation
- Asset Management
- Planning and Engineering
- Contracts Management
- Policies & procedure
- Knowledge-based management
- Client Help Desks
- Cost & performance Management
- Building trades and grounds maintenance.
- Cleaning & security.
- Utilities and communications infrastructure.
- Space management.
- Responsible for the delivery of personal sales targets through profitable, right client right terms business
- Fostering long term relationships, negotiating client contracts, and increasing new business pipeline
- Providing direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting UPDC FM’s strategies and service offers to prospective clients
- Encouraging innovation to develop and grow the business beyond core activities and secure UPDC FM’s position as a preferred supplier
- Project manage key accounts for organic growth and new business
- Manage pre-qualification processes with the prospective clients by identifying the expectations of the prospects and designing commercial proposals specific to the prospect.
- Always participate in the promotion of the image and brand of UPDC FM in all agreed markets in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrable track record of developing successful sales and business development strategies across a broad portfolio of target client groups
- Experience in building services and engineering would be advantageous
- Management of the total bid process for new and retained business
- Sound knowledge of the industry/client sectors, including sound knowledge of both private and public sector tendering and commissioning procedures
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Development of commercially viable solutions based on rigorous techniques to understand client needs and price products/services accordingly
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills. Will be required to communicate with audiences ranging from large groups to individuals, normally in very senior roles, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- High standards of numeracy and written communication, particularly sales/bid copy
- Ability to develop ideas, initiatives and new approaches across all areas including assessment of the mechanics of delivery, financial costs and human and technical resource requirements.
- Externally the person has a key representational role to play on behalf of the Corporate Services segment in UPDC FM and must be able to establish a high degree of credibility with other parties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Great educational background / B.Sc. / BA / HND in Business Administration or the fields of Computer Science or Engineering.
- Relevant field: certification in sales or marketing will be an asset
- Applicable experience or successful track record with 5 to 7 years experience.
- Proven working experience as a project and facility sector is of advantage
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience.
Skills and Competency Applicable:
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Creating and Innovating
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Achieving Personal Work Goals
- Ability to Manage budgets and 3rd Parties.
Attitude and Approach:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer service excellence to deliver a world class experience for occupants
- Excellent communicator and listener good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated with a positive “can do” approach to work
- Quite tactful and pleasantly firm
- Persistent and flexible, with an innate ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated CV to: [email protected] using “Business Development Manager” as the subject of the mail.