Finance Manager Job at British American Tobacco: This is to inform the general public that British American Tobacco Job in the area of Accounting / Audit / Finance. See, application deadline,work level,job specialization,job location,job type and method of application below!
JOB SUMMARY BELOW
- Company: British American Tobacco
- Deadline Date: 25th June, 2022
- Specialization: Accounting / Audit / Finance
- Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Experience: 5-7 years
- Location(s): Lagos, Oyo
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job ID 48107
Job Location: Lagos / Ibadan – Oyo
Seniority Level: Middle Management
Reports To: Finance Controller
- BAT Nigeria is looking for several finance professionals with 5-7 years experience in operations / supply chain, commerical and corporate finance who will join the finance function within the west and central africa area.
Role Positioning And Objectives
- This role’s day-to-day focus is on working with key stakeholders within the business to lead analysis and discussions that enable key business decision making.
- This includes analysis of the business and understanding of the key business drivers that will help deliver robust and agile financial forecasting, reporting, and meaningful analysis to senior stakeholders.
- With a responsibility for the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow, this role is key in ensuring our current year, rolling forecast, and sensitivity analysis is robust, pressure tested, and able to be presented to the business to facilitate resource allocation.
- Ensure plans are in line with the Company’s Statement of Business Conduct, Financial standards, SOX requirements etc. Scope of the role are markets within West and Central Africa.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure that book-keeping practices and recording of business transactions adheres to GAAP and relevant IFRS.
- Control and ensure delivery of accurate financial information (Budgets, Forecasts and Actual results), in line with group accounting principles. Utilise key insights to identify and assess strategic proposals and to direct informed business decisions.
- Manage all aspects of financial environment, including cost centre control.
- Manage any issues that exist, or escalate as appropriate, for the external reporting of information
- Develop and drive efficiency improvements, based on best practice and in line with group standardisation.
- Act as escalation point for local team with Global Business Services (GBS) to ensure delivery of information is on-time in full (OTIF), and all issues are resolved
- Ensure entity / functional compliance with local laws and regulations (including tax, minority interests, external regulatory reporting)
- To provide input to the strategic decision making such as on pricing and investment appraisal
- To provide management with financial information and Key Performance Indicators on commercial plans and activities, to facilitate effective decision making and improve efficiency and effectiveness of spend.
- To participate in the decision-making process bringing financial / business focus on key issues for consideration.
- To increase the level of financial/commercial awareness with relevant stakeholders.
- To assist management with the development and implementation of practical procedures that ensure a high level of internal control exists.
- To undertake analysis of competitors information that is publicly available.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of expenditure/ spend using practical financial analysis tools developed either locally or developed by the Centre.
- Support the Head of Finance / Function (as appropriate) with all ad-hoc requirements, including but not limited to strategy, internal financial communication, and delivery against key priorities
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any other business-related field.
- Qualified accountant (ICAN, ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in Operations / Supply Chain Finance, Marketing/ Corporate Finance.
- A highly commercial approach.
- Proven and strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to see the bigger picture and connect the interdependencies between commercial decisions, and other aspects of the company.
- Capable of analysing financial impact of commercial strategies but also able to demonstrate the need for, and ensure implementation of, appropriate systems and controls
- Strong IT skills (Ms. Excel, Word and PowerPoint, SAP).
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.