Human Resource Generalist Job at IO Furniture Limited: This is to inform the general public that IO Furniture Limited offers Job in the area of Human Resources / Recruitment. See, application deadline,work level,job specialization,job location,job type and method of application below!
JOB SUMMARY BELOW
- Company: IO Furniture Limited
- Deadline Date: 1st June, 2022
- Specialization: Human Resources / Recruitment
- Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Location(s): Lagos
IO Furniture Limited is a full-service interior design and furniture manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently. From our signature classics to our custom project designs we have managed to build a stellar reputation for excellence, quality, reliability and integrity.
We pride ourselves in our ability to interpret the essence of our clients through manufacturing and design. By working closely with each client we are able to create spaces that embody their being, because regardless of whether they are individuals, brands or establishments to us each project is personal
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resource Generalist
Job Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Chief Human Resource Officer
Key Summary of the Job
The Human Resource Generalist shall be responsible for the execution of the following key human resource administrative and strategic functions:
- Compensation and Benefits management.
- HR Reporting/Records Management
- Leave Administration
- Disciplinary & Consequence Management
- Performance Management
- Training & Development.
- HR Communications
- Employee Engagement/ Staff Welfare.
Core Working Relationships / Interfaces:
- Customer Service Team
- Design & Technical Team
- Production Team
- Logistics/Procurement Team
- Accounts/Finance Team
- Management Team
- Government Officials
- Private & Public Institutions
- External Consultants
- Utilities and Service Providers
- Training and Development Outfits.
Compensation and Benefits Management:
- Computation of staff salaries, overtime, loans, salary advance, arrears/bonus, penalties and other deductions.
- Prompt posting of final payroll inputs on the payroll software and final communication to Accounts department.
- Follow up on all employee benefits, i.e, pension contribution, group life insurance, health, etc.
- Processing all staff allowances promptly upon approval by Head, HR/Admin.
- Posting of job ads on recruitment portals, shortlisting, conducting assessment tests and Interviews for candidates.
- Prepare and communicate offer letters to successful candidates.
- Ensure IT accesses/email creation and procurement of work tools/Identity cards for new intakes through the IT/Admin unit.
- Co-ordinate staff on-boarding.
- Contacting applicants’ references and conducting background checks on new staff.
- Confirmation of new intakes upon successful completion of probation.
HR Reporting / Records Management:
- Attendance/Absenteeism Administration-Daily monitoring of staff attendance in the office, factory and on sites.
- Maintenance of personnel files, records and database on the ERP software and maintain an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Attrition Management.
- Prepare and file HR reports, letters, contracts, memorandum of understanding, etc.
- Updating and managing all HR trackers/databases with information such as new hires, terminations, sick leave, warnings, vacation and days off, daily attendance, annual leave, etc.
- Prepare, manage and execute HR policies, procedure, strategy and processes.
- Administration of staff leave requests.
- Communication of approval or disapproval of leave requests.
- Tracking and monitoring of leave days.
Disciplinary & Consequence Management:
- Conduct necessary investigations where disciplinary issues have been flagged against an erring staff.
- Attend disciplinary panels and take reports/minutes of such meetings.
- Draft and issue queries, warning letters, job abandonment, suspension letters and termination letters, in applicable cases.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluation/appraisals.
- Prepare and communicate performance improvement plans.
- Prepare performance evaluation reports.
Training & Development:
- Develop an annual training calendar/programme for staff.
- Identify training needs of staff as indicated the performance evaluation forms.
- Organize periodic in-house and external trainings for staff.
- Prepare and document reports of training conducted.
- Organize meetings/trainings with staff and teams as required.
- Communicate general information within the company as appropriate and authorized by management on the appropriate communication channels.
- Preparation of reports.
Employee Engagement / Welfare:
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conduct periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Attend to staff welfare (allowances, feeding and birthdays).
- Closely monitoring medicals/health issues.
- Support the implementation of company safety and health programs.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- 4 – 5 years previous experience as a Human Resource Generalist
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent organizational skills, proactivity, creativity and attention to details.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Display confidentiality on sensitive and personal information.
- Customer service orientation.
- People-oriented and results driven.
- Excellent computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job position as the subject of the email.